The project aimed to build capacities of UNDP, UN, regional agency personnel, and partner agencies in Bangladesh, India, Maldives, Mongolia, Nepal, Pakistan, Papua New Guinea, and Timor-Leste on analyzing risks related to climate variability and change, and identify risk management solutions, to inform country climate risk management and climate change adaptation program development.
- identification of key documents and data sources
- analysis of historical and current climate variability and trends, including climate projections; analysis of stakeholders and their policies, programs, and decision contexts related to managing climate risks
- analysis of historical climate impacts, and current and future climate risks in priority sectors
- identification of climate risk management capacities, constraints, and opportunities
- participatory prioritization of climate risk management and climate change adaptation actions