Position Title: Information, Communication and Knowledge Management Specialist
Background : The Regional Integrated Multi-Hazard Early Warning System for Africa and Asia
(RIMES) is an international and intergovernmental institution, owned and managed by its Member States, for the generation and application of early warning information. RIMES evolved from the efforts of countries in Africa and Asia, in the aftermath of the 2004 Indian Ocean tsunami, to establish a regional early warning system within a multi-hazard framework for the generation and communication of early warning information, and capacity building for preparedness and response to trans-boundary hazards. RIMES was established on 30 April 2009, and was registered with the United Nations on 1 July 2009. RIMES operates from its regional early warning center located at the campus of the Asian Institute of Technology in Pathumthani.
Position Description: The Information, Communication and Knowledge Management (ICKM) Specialist, reporting to the Head of Risk Knowledge Applications Department, will lead the implementation and further development of RIMES’ ICKM strategy to: increase RIMES staff access to information; communicate RIMES work to external audiences; capture, package and disseminate knowledge from project implementation; and foster staff learning, exchange of insights, collaboration and innovation. He/she will support RIMES goals by ensuring seamless information flow, effective communication strategies, and optimal knowledge utilization across RIMES’ departments and stakeholders.
Contract Type: Full-Time Contract
Duty station: Regional Integrated Multi-Hazard Early Warning System AIT Campus, 58 Moo 9 Paholyothin Rd., Klong 1, Klong Luang, Pathumthani 12120 Thailand.
Bachelor, preferably Master, degree in communications, international development, or other relevant social science
Demonstrated experience in formulating and implementing an ICKM strategy;
At least 4 years of experience in organizational learning and in capturing and communicating knowledge from development projects
Skills and Abilities:
English proficiency in communication, presentation, and report writing;
Demonstrated research skills, and ability to package information for different audiences;
Proficiency in Microsoft Office, and familiarity with information management systems, content management systems, data analysis tools, etc.
Excellent interpersonal skills to engage with diverse stakeholders
Self-motivated, with ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, and manage changing priorities
Analytical mindset and ability to derive insights from data to drive improvements
Flexible and able to work hard independently and in a team
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement information management policies, procedures, and guidelines
- Establish systems for efficient information capture, storage, retrieval, and archival
- Regularly assess information needs, and recommend improvements to information management systems
- Develop and implement a comprehensive communication strategy for RIMES’ stakeholders
- Collaborate with relevant departments, teams and units to create engaging and informative content (e.g., brochures, posters, videos, newsletters, fact sheets, press releases, annual reports), facilitate production and dissemination through various communication channels (i.e., website, social media, email, etc.)
- Monitor communication channels for feedback and insights, and adjust strategies accordingly
- Plan and organize events, webinars, and workshops
- Implement and further develop RIMES’ graphic identity system
- Assist in improving, and maintaining RIMES website and social media accounts
- Design and implement a knowledge management framework to capture, organize, and share organizational knowledge
- Work with technical experts to identify and document experiences, best practices, lessons learned, and case studies then package these for dissemination
- Facilitate knowledge sharing and learning sessions to improve awareness, foster learning, enhance collaboration and innovation as well as exchange of insights among RIMES staff
- Introduce intranet portals, databases, collaboration tools and other program to promote knowledge sharing
Collaborate with departments to identify information and knowledge gaps, and provide solutions
Work closely with the Systems Research and Development Department to ensure the functionality and security of information management systems
Engage with external partners and stakeholders to exchange knowledge and best practices
Any other relevant work assigned by the Head of Risk Knowledge Applications Department
Immediate Supervisor: The staff shall report to the Director – RIMES Program Unit
Duration: 1 year (extendable for longer-term employment, based on satisfactory performance)
Probationary period: 120 Days.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should send your application letter, resume, salary expectation and 2 references in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org by midnight of 12 October 2023, Bangkok time. Please state “Information, Communication and Knowledge Management Specialist (ICKM):Your Name “ the Subject line of the email. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Ms. Dusadee Padungkul
AIT Campus, 58 Moo 9 Paholyothin Rd., Klong 1,
Klong Luang, Pathumthani 12120 Thailand.
RIMES promotes diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Well-qualified applicants particularly women are encouraged to apply.